Wondering about the hottest interior trends for 2019 and beyond? Come and join me at the world’s biggest interior show for the international furnishing market: imm cologne! The furniture fair takes place between 14th – 20th January (open to the public 18th – 20th January) at the Koelnmesse Fairground in Cologne, Germany. I’ve been super excited about it ever since the press conference in Madrid in September – here are 5 reasons why:
1. It’s the place to be: imm cologne attracts more than 1450 exhibitors from 50 countries – from top players to exciting newcomers, all of whom will be showcasing their latest furniture, innovation and design lines. In other words, wear flats and bring your camera!
2. 2019 is ‘LivingKitchen‘ year: The LivingKitchen Koelnmesse will showcase the latest news from the world of kitchens, combining business and trend research and all the latest developments from the international kitchen scene. Oh and you’ll get to sample delicious titbits on your way round too (yum!).
3. The Stage: Rest your weary legs and settle down to enjoy talks on trending topics such as lighting, colour and materials, latest developments in interior design and a wide spectrum of issues such as sustainability and future forms of living. On public days, interior designers and design professionals will provide practical tips on home furnishing, colour, lighting and latest trends as well as share their expertise in furnishing. I might just camp out there a while! Read more about the program here.
4. #Zuhausesein: The Association of German Furniture is set to launch its new initiative: #zuhausesein (meaning ‘be at home’) at imm cologne blogger events. Join the conversation about #zuhausesein, and what home means to you – oh and follow the hashtag, Facebook and Twitter pages for the latest news!
To me, home is where my family is, which means I have one in Sweden and one in the UK – I’ve been known to refer to a hotel room on holiday as ‘home’ too! What does ‘home’ mean to you to you?
5. Soaking up Cologne Design Week: also known as ‘Passagen’, Cologne Design Week takes place across Cologne city centre and promises events galore! Meander through the salons, furniture stores, showrooms and galleries for inspiration among other interior-istas – and soak up the city at the same time!
|The Old Town of Cologne with the church “Groß St. Martin / Koelnmessa|
Interested to join, too? You can secure tickets for imm cologne here.
I’ll be there at the start of the week – give me a shout if you’ll be there then too, it would be so fun to catch up!
Photography: 1 & 2. Courtesy of Desiree / Vosgesparis 3, 4, 6, 7 – courtesy of Koelnmessa. 5: my own.
This post is brought to you in collaboration with imm cologne, all words (and enthusiasm) is my own!